Oh, Hanami!



Yes, everyone has flower-viewing fever here in Tokyo. I joined the hoards of camera-happy locals on a stroll around Shinjuku Gyoen (新宿御苑) a couple of days ago, and here be the result.



Half in the shade, half in the sun. I'd say this is an ideal choice.



Lying down in full sun is not bad either.



In a shadowy Sakura forest.



This seems like a pretty good spot, yeah?



The hill is the place to be.



Not quite finished.



Lone turtle amongst a sea of huge fish, go buddy go!



Peeking through the branches.



Rolling is pretty awesome.


Hate to admit it, but I too have Hanami fever. I guess you just have to be here! The temperature is perfect, the parks are open for business and anything pink and fluffy just makes your day that little bit better. Though unlike several enthusiastic individuals and groups, I didn't feel the need to dress in something pink and/or fluffy to mark the occasion. Lawdy.

But! This is just the beginning. The Hanami season is a late-comer this year, and should hopefully continue for a couple of weeks longer. Heading back to Yoyogi Koen (代々木公園) this weekend for a giant picnic of the 1920's variety, so expect another slew of petal-happy photographs soon. Apologies in advance.


E.

3 comments:

Anonymous | April 13, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I likes your photograph very muchly.

RAPP | April 14, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Thank you very muchly!

Ali | April 14, 2011 at 7:50 AM

looks beautiful. the picnic sounds like so much fun!

Post a Comment