Japan Fashion Week Favourites
I've been a bit slack getting this post together, but better late than never, right?
There were some absolutely beautiful collections shown at Japan Fashion Week in March and I wish I could have attended some of the shows...namely these ones:
Entoptic took classic silhouettes and adorned them with exaggerated shapes and organic textures. I love both the playfulness and sophistication of this collection.
Hiroko Koshino's collection has a kind of 16th century court jester thing going on with those lush fabrics and royal colours. I'm dying over the cute tights and masses of velvet. Yum.
The stand-out collection for me was from Matohu. Their colour palette is perfect, emphasized by such beautiful gradient and dip-dye effects. And those long-line jackets are gorgeous.
A local Tokyo favourite of mine, Mint Designs showed off their typically awesome range of prints - love those houses! The mecano headgear is pretty cool too.
Adorable fur + knit ensembles by Shida Tatsuya. They just look so snuggly!
Tiny Dinosaur put up some beautifully draped and tailored pieces. Another fantastic colour palette too.
I love the elegant silhouettes, layering and leather touches in Yuma Koshino's collection. And that black yeti coat...wow.
Hopefully I'll make it to the next JFW, because the collections shown this time around were very inspiring indeed. Until then, I'm making extended wish lists.
You can check out the rest of the shows at the JFW website (all images from this link).
E.







0 comments:
Post a Comment