Toshio Shibata

Okay, so I said my next post would be about the 6th Asia Pacific Triennale of Contemporary Art and this isn't.

I spent Saturday locked in the GOMA (or the few hours I was left with after I spent 3 hours transiting from Coolongatta...) and it was so brain-meltingly good that I now need a week to compose myself, have a cry about the exhibition catalogue being completely sold out and prepare a massive blog post. Needless to say, APT6 is the best contemporary art event I've been to so far. If you've been - wasn't it fantastic?! If you haven't...I'll try and cover all the best bits.

But just for now, I am completely captivated by Toshio Shibata's photography.

 Image from Artnet

 




 Above images from Images Found




Above images from Pruned


These are just the kind of vast man-made structures that I find myself gawking at like a wannabe engineer, marvelling at how they channel through the earth and redirect the elements. He captures their grandeur perfectly.

E.

2 comments:

Erin | March 25, 2010 at 9:46 AM

i could look at those pictures for hours and hours

RAPP | March 26, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Me too Erin. Imagine if they were bigger than 300 x 400px!

Post a Comment