Helvetica: The Film
Ok typography tragics, this one is for you.
I recently discovered the film Helvetica, an independent feature documenting typography and its relation to graphic design and global visual communication. Helvetica is the grand monarch of the font world and this documentary chronicles exactly how it came to be the most popular typeface around. Interviews with a handful of design luminaries give an insight into the world of typography whilst the camera shows you where Helvetica has appeared all over the world. And it literally is everywhere. You probably glanced at it at least five times today.
Did you know Helvetica is over 50 years old? I'm pretty sure Comic Sans is only about as old as Windows 95.
Get typing.
E.
2 comments:
Can't go two posts on a designer blog without mentioning fonts hahaha
If you ever go touristing in london make sure you go to the british library, they have a brilliant section devoted entirely to ye olde typesetting-machines and ye olde fonts
Ahh it was inevitabe Fran!
I'll have to add that to my list of "reasons why I have to visit London..."
Post a Comment